SBC since 1872 to present has been a Faith-based Christian teaching church , serving the LORD and community for 146 years.
The church was formed in 1872 and incorporated in 1878. Samuel W. Naille led the move to add on to the church in 1879.
In 1938, the Sharpsburg Church of God was torn down and the congregation moved to the location at 125 W. Main Street.
According to history, that building was taken over by federal troops during the battle of Antietam and used as a hospital. The pews were torn out and used for coffins for the dead soldiers.
In 1966 the former Sharpsburg Church of God withdrew form the Maryland and Virginia Eldership.
In 1980, they started to build the current church on the corner of Antietam and Potomac Streets in Sharpsburg.
Church Pastors: 1873 - 1925
|C.L. Amy||1873||John Johnson||1895||Rev. Reynolds||1909|
|A.W. Philhour||1876, 1883-1885, 1900||M.R. Cross||1896-1899||M.S. Shimp||1907-1908|
|S.W. Naille||1878-1880||W.H. Engler||1901||Rev. Reynolds||1909|
|J.W. Kipe||1881-1882, 1889||B.K. Betts||1902-1903||S.A. Kipe||1910-1911, 1925|
|S.J. Montgomery||1886, 1893-1894, 1906||J.R. Carter||1904||J.L. Coffman||1912-1913|
|A.S. Poisal||1887-1888||B. Craft||1905||P.D. Cunningham||1914-1917|
|Rev. Lockinghill||1890-1892||M.S. Shimp||1907-1908||G.E. Masser/H.S. Churchey||1918-1924|
Church Pastors: 1926 - 1977
|C.W. Fink||1926-1942||David Ring||1952-1958||H.W. Churchey||1965-1973|
|J.K. Stevens||1942||Paul Hawbaker||1959-1961, 1973-1977|
|W.A. Herpich||1943-1951||John Gossert||1962-1965|
Church Pastors: 1977 to Present
Gene W. Renner